Table of Contents
POSITION TITLE: Shelver – Children’s Department
Part-time, averaging 8 hours per week, including Mondays, Wednesdays, and a rotating weekend schedule (every other Saturday and Sunday). Schedule subject to change.
SALARY: Begins at $8.50/hr
We are looking for a friendly person with strong organizational skills who is able to work independently. This is a part-time position responsible for shelving and retrieving library materials and keeping them in order. This position also assists with miscellaneous departmental tasks.
- Minimum 16 years of age.
Ability to sort and file alphabetically, numerically, and chronologically.
- Shelves library materials in alphabetical, numerical, and chronological order.
- Shelf reads daily and straightens materials as needed.
- Shifts sections of books to relieve crowding.
- Retrieves periodicals upon request.
- Completes shelf checks for overdue notices.
- Picks up library materials left unattended and places them in order, straightening furniture and tidying up as needed.
- Assists with closing procedures: alerting patrons to closing time; checking to see that all patrons have left the building; turning off all equipment and lights; cleaning and straightening tables and chairs.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Please send letter of application to Ann Finstad, Head of Children's Services, Glencoe Public Library, 320 Park Ave., Glencoe, IL 60022, or via e-mail at
email@example.com. Letters of application accepted until position is filled.
- Must be able to move library materials between the floors of the library; push heavily loaded book carts; reach and bend to shelve and retrieve materials.
- Must be able to understand and follow oral and written instructions from various staff members regarding miscellaneous duties.