The Friends of the Glencoe Public Library is a not-for-profit fundraising organization that works to enrich library resources and services. The Friends contribute to the purchase of equipment, furnishings, special books, and audio-visual materials. We have made a major commitment toward the library's exterior renovation, including new front walks, ramps, stairs, lighting, handrails, heated sidewalks, and a restored entrance. The Friends also sponsored the construction of the Peggy Hamil Conference Room.
We sponsor several important activities at the library, including:
- Three used book sales each year. Our Next Friends Used Book Sale will be on June 17th-19th, 2017.
- A continuing used book sale in the library lobby
- A Visiting Professor lecture series
- Classical music concerts at the library. Our Next Concert will on April 9th, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
- Summer reading programs
- A discussion series at Glencoe’s Books on Vernon
- Monday at the Movies screenings held at the library
- Movies screened on the Glencoe Green during the summer